The Parent Council is made up of a group of 20 parents and carers who meet termly at the academy to discuss educational and community issues with academy staff.
Mission Statement Parent Council
- To work together with everyone involved in Academy life, parents, learners, teachers, Academy staff and the wider community to support Oasis Isle of Sheppey Academy.
- To ensure that all parents and carers work in partnership with the Academy to support their children’s education - and are able to express their views and wishes.
- To support the school in its work with the students.
- To represent the views of parents and carers.
- Help to encourage links between the school, parents, carers, students, primary schools, pre-school groups and the wider community, to encourage further education.
- Report back to parents and carers from the school.
- Support were possible the school during school inspections, and fund raising events.
- Support the school at parents’ evenings with representatives from the Parent Council.
- Promote positive attitudes towards the school and what the Academy Leadership are trying to accomplish.