Oasis Academy Isle of Sheppey operates a cashless catering system. This system saves considerable time during break and lunchtimes by shortening queuing times and making our canteen system more efficient. The cashless system is safe and secure, reducing the amount of money students need to bring to the Academy on a daily basis.
The cashless system works by pre-loading the student's account. This is undertaken by cash loader machines situated in the school building or online. The credit is then available on the account to be used at break or lunchtime.
The system uses a way of recognising each individual student. Rather than use an identity card which can be easily lost, biometric information is used as it is simpler and more secure. A scan of your child's finger will be taken and turned into a code. This code is then stored in the system and linked to your child's finger scan. This then identifies them whenever they use the cash loader or tills. Students in receipt of Free School Meals will have their account credited with the Free School Meal allowance automatically and use the system in the same way.
In addition to the cash loader machines, we also use Parent Pay for the secure payment of school meals.
ParentPay offers you the freedom to make online payments whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - safe in the knowledge that the technology used is of the highest internet security available. We hope that everyone will benefit considerably from this facility.
Parents have a secure online account, activated using a unique username and password; making a payment with your credit or debit card is straightforward. ParentPay holds an electronic record of your payments for you to view at a later date.
ParentPay makes online payments easier and quicker but if you don’t have access to a computer or the internet you can use a barcode letter which allows you to pay at shops displaying the PayPoint logo. Please request these from the ParentPay Manager for items due for payment. (A full list can be found on the PayPoint website).
The importance of keeping your accounts in credit and timely payment enables the Academy to provide quality lunches and services to our families. The finance team keeps track of all accounts.
New to ParentPay?
- You should have received your activation letter which details the username and login details - if you do not have these please contact our the academy and we can arrange for this to be given to you.
- Login to www.parentpay.com
- Enter the username and password on your letter, these are case sensitive.
- Complete your details and register your email address, a link is then sent to this account, please check for this and click on the link, this is very important. Your account should then be activated. You are then able to;
- Select which items you wish to pay and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To view payments that you have made click on 'History'.