The work of the community hub is impressive in engaging students and the Academy's community.
Ofsted, March 2015
We are committed to community development and will help to increase community cohesion locally, nationally and globally by
- Demonstrating our Christian values through a love for and commitment to others which is self-giving and offered with compassion but also holds people to account’ promoting responsibilities as well as rights
- Helping to transform lives and communities through the overall work of the hub and through the contributions of students and staff to local, national and global needs
- Ensuring that the usage of Academy facilities is maximised to support our communities and their stakeholders
- Encouraging the community to embrace lifelong learning and to see the Academy as the vehicle for their continued development
- Supporting charities to encourage student leadership and develop an understanding of the importance of giving and supporting others
- Seeing the wider community committed to, engaged with and proud of their Academy
Our Community Partners Include:
Sheppey Matters, Sheppey Together, Minster Rotary Club, Swale Borough Council, NHS – Kent Community Health – Medicines Management Governance Group, Swale Community Leisure Group, Tesco, Morrisons, Barclays Bank, Island Partnership, Amicus Horizon, Diversity House, Community Church Sheppey, Churches Together, Restoration Youth, Sheerness Youth, Princess Diana Awards, Kent Academies Network, Carillion, Aesica, University of Kent, Christchurch Canterbury University, Sheppey College, RNLE, University of Southampton, Asda, Fire Brigade, Dulwich College.