Oasis Academy Isle of Sheppey are proud to introduce the ‘Lockdown Library’
Do you want your child to read more for pleasure and increase their chances for success in life? Having trouble getting access to reading books?
Not sure where to start with encouraging your child to read more for pleasure? Try these top tips:
- Listening to your child read aloud to you for just 20 minutes a day will amount to 1,000,000 words read in a year AND give you quality time together.
- Sharing what you are both reading shows your child that reading for pleasure is for everyone.
- Take turns when reading and ‘do the voices’ – your child will want to do the same on their turn.
Sit down together, visit the Lockdown Library and dive into a great book!
Students - Why not write you own book review!
Download our 'Book review Form' and let us know what you think by emailing a copy to email@example.com
Mr Jones' Book Review
Students can also read books using MyOn Online Library and then quiz on them using Accelerated Reader to win points for themselves and their tutor groups. Prizes for students who reach certain milestones include:
- 250,000 words read – Personalised certificate
- 500,000 words read - £10 Amazon voucher
- 1,000,000 words read – Kindle Fire
For anyone struggling with accessing Accelerated Reader or MyOn, please contact the librarian Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org