The academy is now closed. Please read the full article for details on our provision offer.
The Academy is now closed.
The government has closed all schools to slow the spread of the coronavirus, until further notice.
How to stay safe
- Guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
- Guidance on social distancing and for vulnerable people
- Stay at home advice
Advice for parents
The government has produced new guidance for parents and carers during the closure of schools. It is available here. The guidance is clear:
If it is at all possible for your child to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, some childcare provision will be available to them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon vulnerable groups – the elderly or those with underlying conditions.
- Children and adults should follow social distancing
If your child is eligible for lunch provision during the closure, we will contact you separately with the necessary arrangements.
The Government has said that childcare facilities are going to be available for certain groups of children. If you believe your child meets one of the below criteria, please get in touch via the contact tab on the website.
- Children who are supported by social care, with safeguarding or welfare needs, including child in need plans, on child protection plans, ‘looked after’ children, young carers, disabled children & those with education, health and care (EHC) plans.
- Children whose parent/carers are keyworkers. The Government have produced an explanation of who key workers are here.
It is very important that our pupils complete the work that is set for them while they are at home. We will either contact parents directly on work for your child, or place work on the website for home learning (please check the learning/curriculum part of the website).
We will continue to update parents via, MCAS, letters or text, and by updating this website.
Thank you to all families for your continued support.