16-19 Tuition Fund 2020/21
The 16-19 tuition fund provides one-off funding for the 2020/21 academic year only. This is intended to mitigate against the disruption of learning caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. This statement outlines how the fund will be used at Oasis Academy Isle of Sheppey.
The tuition fund will be primarily focused on providing tuition for small groups of our most disadvantaged students, with a priority given to those resitting their English and/or Maths GCSEs and to our SEND students.
The fund may also be used to support small groups of students on their A-Level and Applied General qualifications, where significant disruption to teaching and/or assessment has occurred.
The tuition will be delivered after school or on Saturday’s, by specialist teachers employed by the academy/by external specialist teachers where appropriate.
In line with government advice, Oasis Academy Isle of Sheppey commits to:
- Produce a concise statement explaining how we will use this funding in line with our guidance, to prioritise support for disadvantaged students
- Publish the statement on the website
- Record the use of the funding, including reference to the individual students that receive the support, the needs of those students, the number of hours of tuition delivered, and retain the necessary evidence of the tuition provided
- Deliver the extra tuition and spend the associated funding in the 2020 to 2021 academic year
- Notify ESFA of any unspent funding from this fund for it to be reclaimed